Poster Idea #3

IMG_1050It was a lovely evening so I decided to do some photography for my 3rd poster idea (which I had been putting off after the disappointing outcome of my last one), the result of which you can see below – most of it resembles a GCSE Photography project but I did manage to get one or two usable shots haha!

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

And here are the shots I decided would work for my idea of the poster:

IMG_1009

I thought this picture of the leaf would be good for the main focus of the poster as I really wanted a dead or dying autumn leaf to represent the mood, title & feel of my film ‘The French Leaves’

IMG_1038

I ending up using this photo to provide a background texture to the poster – I shot it over exposed so it wouldn’t be too distracting. In photoshop I further increased the exposure so it was almost completely white apart from a few twigs and leaves which are slightly visible and just add to the general atmosphere of the poster.

 

I also used a number of stills and shots that I got on set to provide some more depth and excitement to the  background

This was my very crude sketch of what I wanted the poster to look like which I used as my starting point when constructing my poster in photoshop:

10013748_10202306278632615_1715156643_n

Yer…

1. I got my picture of the leaf into photoshop and isolated it from the background using the ‘background removal tool’ and edited it to make it slightly more saturated and contrasted.

Screen Shot 2014-03-08 at 18.06.172. I then added the background which used the photo I had aforementioned and then used the ‘Brush’ tool to create a shadow around the leaf and a slight vignette around the sides just to make the leaf stand out further from the background

Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 19.38.47

3. I then added in the photos of the actors but made them black and white, increased the exposure and lowered the opacity to achieve the faded effect and so they didn’t draw attention away from the leaf/title

Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 19.39.19

4. I then added the title itself using the ‘American Typewriter font’ which I have used for all the films titling to keep consistency. I also added a drop shadow to the title to make it stand out further from the leafs patterning.

Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 19.39.42

5. Finally I added in the cast, crew and film information which I have previously spoken about in this blog.

Screen Shot 2014-03-10 at 19.39.58

I make it sound so easy haha! But yer, that was my poster finished and here it is!

FRENCH LEAVES POSTER 2

I’m really pleased with it and certainly prefer it to my other idea despite it not being in the WW2 style I wanted. I think it fits the psychological/drama genre of the film much better than my previous attempt. I can’t really think of any negatives for it as it was just how I envisioned it so I think unless I can come up with anything better this looks like the one!

– Jay

$

Advertisements


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s